Sunday, April 15, 2012

Little Bits of Life

Some of the more fun parts of our daily life recently...


Bath time in the sink!  We were told that our water is not safe for drinking unless its filtered... and the only filter is that red thing you see by the kitchen sink. (We have since bought another filter for the shower, but it is convenient to let her splash in the sink while I'm stirring something on the stove!)  The water does come out a dirty yellow color, so I'm not willing to try it.  Anyway, we're ok taking our showers in the bathroom, because we no longer drink the bath water. ;) Eden, on the other hand, is not to be trusted - she loves to suck on the washcloth and bend in half to stick her face in the water.  We decided it was safer to bathe her where the water was potable.


The road where Eden and I go walking, checking behind us every couple hundred feet for bears.


Our little tomato tree! We got it at a local presentation on gardening in Alaska, and its flourishing.  
But it does need to be transplanted soon!



Forget pack'n'plays! We've got a laundry basket!  Eden was not happy just rolling around on the floor one evening while I folded laundry.  On a whim, I dumped out the clothes and plopped her into the basket.  She loved it, and happily entertained herself with her pink pants for twenty minutes!


Speaking of entertaining herself, this little girl gets bored with her real toys.  While I'm working in the kitchen, I bring her in with me and find random things for her to investigate.  This day, it was prenatal vitamins (a great rattle!) and a bag of black-eyed peas (apparently very satisfying to bite).


"Daddy is the best to nap with.  Mama always gets up and goes to do stuff after I fall asleep, but Dad stays there and snuggles with me." 

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! It's so entertaining! You're a great writer! Eden is so cute! I miss her!! I love that huge smile on her face while playing in the sink! And I'm glad the picture has her cute rolls on her arms in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morgiana,
    It's good to check for bears, but what if you see one!?!
    You could transplant your tomatoe plant into a larger pot, I think. With so much snow still, it looks like an indoor garden might work best. As long as Eden doesn't get ahold of it!
    MammaCapps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I see one, I'm supposed to hold up both arms high over my head to look big, and yell, "HEY BEAR! HEY BEAR!" as loud as I can, and NOT run away. Apparently they have very poor eyesight, so the arms up makes me look bigger but very good hearing and smell, so unless they're out to get humans (which is very rarely the case!) hearing and smelling me would be good motivation to the bear for us to go opposite directions. They say in forty years, only one person here has been mauled and that's because he got between a mama and her cubs accidentally. I confess, I still am a little nervous. OK, a lot nervous. :)

      Delete